Wednesday, August 18, 2010

10 Objects That Represent Me


A mug with a dog on it, glasses case, a ticket to the National Museum Of Singapore, Apple Care Protection Plan, A tag which says Natural Shopper, a sequin beaded cow, a Smiggle case, headphones, Glee DVD and a statue with 3 people on it. What on earth do these objects/odd assortment of ‘stuff’ say about me- my interests, excitements, passions and my life.

First, the mug with a dog on it because I really love dogs. My dog’s name is Izzie Elisha Wilkerson. She’s a Miniature Schnauzer and she’s from America and the Philippines but was born right here in Penang, Malaysia. I remember I had always wanted a dog ever since my mother’s dog, Coco passed on. Then, one day when my brother and I returned from school, there was a miniature schnauzer sleeping on my mother’s lap who started barking at me. I was so happy. I remember when I was in the middle of a big fight with my friend and I was lying on my bed, crying, devastated and Izzie jumped on my bed. She licked the streaming tears that were coming down my face. She made me feel much better and I hugged her and that was when I realized that Izzie was my true best friend. She has never turned me down when I needed a hug or never wasn’t there when I needed her.

I chose a glasses case because I use to wear glasses for about 6 years now and it feels like a part of me. When I wore glasses, I felt like I had to put them on because I was so used to wearing them and it felt wrong when I didn’t have them on. It was like my helping friend, one who helped me see the beauty of life. I remember the moment when I first got my glasses, it was like a miracle. Suddenly the world was so clear and it was amazing. Now, I’ve moved on from my helping glasses to my hard-lens contacts. When I first put them in, they really hurt and I started tearing but after 5 magical hours, I took them out and the world was as clear as it looked like with my helping glasses but the only difference was that I wasn’t wearing my glasses. After 2 weeks, of waiting for my contacts to be created, it was time for the overnight wear. The overnight wear meant that I had to put the contacts on after cleaning it with saline solution and cleansing solution and jump into bed. After that 12 hours of sleeping, I woke up to my alarm clock and went into the bathroom to remove these contacts and for the rest of the day it was crystal clear. It was magic.

A ticket to the National Museum Of Singapore shows that I went to a Museum and I really like history. I find history a really fascinating subject because you can see how much time has changed and when you look at what we have now; computers, iPods and iPhones & thumbdrives and what the time before us had; they had to struggle to find food you just go ‘WOW!’ It really fascinates me how so many things have happened over the thousands of years.

‘Why an Apple Care Protection Plan?’ You may ask. Well it’s because I am really good at using technology and I help my classmates and teachers when they have problems with technology. I really like using tech because it is so much useful. When you compare students back in the day, they had to carry around heavy textbooks and dictionaries when now you have Google Docs and laptops which have everything from calculators and dictionaries. I remember in 6th Grade when we first were starting up blogs and how everyone was struggling but I just ran through it and chose really cool backgrounds and I remember that feeling when everyone came up to me and asked me how to add the cool backgrounds onto their blogs. The feeling was in replaceable and the fact that I got to help many other classmates just kept me smiling.

I chose the tag which says Natural Shopper because I’m a shopaholic. I buy a lot of junk and at times I don’t really need it. My favourite place to shop is in Bangkok and whenever I go there I end up coming back with tons of stuff like necklaces, bracelets, stationary and bags. I love buying things but I’ve learnt that I can’t keep shopping and shopping when its wasting money. Now, I only buy things when necessary like binders and stationary for school and sometimes clothes.

The sequin beaded cow is important to me because I was born in the year of the cow. The year of my birth to me is really special because I was born on the 12th Of December (12/12) but it was sad that I wasn’t born in 2012. I really like my birthday because its something special to me and people remember my birthday because its so easy to remember and when people wish me Happy Birthday on Facebook (yes, it’s really annoying when you have to say Thank You to 400 over people) i enjoy it because I’m grateful that each and everyone of them took at least 3 minutes of their time to say Happy Birthday to me.

I chose a Smiggle case because I really like buying stationary. I love the brand Smiggle because it has lots of cool stuff like animal shaped erases on cute small ice-cream sticks and zippy pencil cases. I remember when I first discovered the brand Smiggle. I was at Claremont, Perth and we were walking down the street and we saw the brand and we walked in and there was a bunch of cool stuff. I took such a long time choosing what I wanted because there was so many colorful and cool stuff. There were Nintendo DS skin’s, iPod skins, phone skins, cool patterned notebooks and cool shaped erasers.

I LOVE listening to music a lot whether I’m on a plane, in the car or on the bus and that’s why I chose headphones. I love catching up on latest music and right now, I’m listening to Airplanes by B.O.B feat Hayley Williams. I love the song ‘Airplanes’ because sometimes in situations that I really don’t want to be in, I always wish to have a wish to make all the hurt go away especially when I’m in fights and times when I’m just hurt. I really like these earphones because when you listen to music through these earphones the sound quality is AMAZING!

If you don’t know what Glee is about well let me tell you, it’s about expressing yourself through music and drama, both which are very important to me. Drama is something that I can relate to as its part of life. Every step you take it’s like your on stage and to me when I’m on stage its like a total different place where its just happy thoughts and no hurt. I remember when in 6th Grade, Drama and we were having small plays and I was acting in one and I was asked to narrate another play and at that moment performing for an audience, the feeling just kept me smiling.

I chose the statue with 3 people on it because it represents my mom, brother and I. I really love my family and especially my mom. My mom always supports me in whatever I do. She’s does things that I don’t think I could do for my own daughter. She gives up so much for me and I really love her and she guides me through the way of life. I love my brother too so much even though he’s a devil. I love him because when I’m sad or I don’t accomplish what I wanted to he’s always there to support me and there to say ‘I love him, it’s okay Jie Jie’. Jie Jie in Chinese means older sister. I really love my dad to because he pays so much for my education and even he’s not home often I always feel that he protects me and really encourages me in no matter what I do.

I’m a person who loves music and drama, a person who loves history, a person who loves being with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment